Medical Information on the Internet
If you use the Internet for medical information:
- Look for a balanced view - not just one site.
- Remember that anyone can publish anything on the Internet.
- Make sure the authors and their qualifications are listed.
- Look at what other reliable information the site refers to.
- Check that the site is regularly updated.
- Look for advertising which might influence the information on the site.
- Avoid online consultations or diagnoses.
- Check on privacy and confidentiality.
- Sites from outside the UK may mention treatments that are not available here.