Both our Nurse Practitioners are very experienced and have undergone extensive and additional training to enable them to treat common health problems. Their role is to see some of the same-day urgent cases, which means we can see patients more quickly.
The following complaints can be dealt with by our Nurse Practitioner, who if necessary, will ask the GP to see you as well.
- Back pain
- Asthma, COPD flare ups, Chest Infections
- Cold and flu symptoms, sinusitis, tonsillitis, sore throat
- Diarrhoea and vomiting, gastroenteritis
- Ear infections, ear pain, blocked ears
- Vaginal discharge, abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Hay fever
- Sexual Health problems
- Skin problems (infected spots, wounds, grazes, rashes, eczema)
- Urinary tract infections (we will need a urine sample)
Please that our Nurse Practitioner will see patients over the age of 2, cannot see pregnant ladies or deal with mental health problems.